Monday, February 7, 2011

My pinky is for my best friends and our promises that will never be broken, my ring finger is for him and for proof that we’ll be together forever, my middle finger is for that girl that pushes me too far and to show her how I feel, my pointer finger is to silence them, to savor the moment, my thumb is for everyone, to let them know that I’m gonna be okay,  No Matter What.

Before you walk out of my life; tell me… who helped you up when you were falling apart? Who was the one you chilled with for so long that the memories seem to all blend together? Whose shoulder did you cry on? Who are most of your inside jokes with? Yeah, that’s right; ME. But if you really want to throw all this away, then be my guest.

 

Yeah, you might be prettier than me, and have more friends than me. And you might hang out with hotter guys than me, and get fucked up more than me. Have more clothes and money than me, and not give a fuck about school, unlike me. You might be carefree, unlike me. But one day, you’re going to wish you stayed true to who you were, like me. Because you’ll have nothing, except memories of fake ass friends who you don’t even talk to anymore. So don’t talk shit about me or my lifestyle, because one day, you’re going to wish it was yours.

 

 

Often we find ourselves moving on, but wanting to go backwards in time. We find comfort in what we’ve done in the past, and although we’re enjoying the present, we can’t stop thinking about how amazing the past was and how much we’d give to be able to go back. We want to make the best of now, but we just can’t seem to let go of the past. I guess looking back on the past is okay, but we should never live in the past. Always make the best of today, because someday, today will become part of your past too.