Sunday, February 6, 2011

Being nice to someone you dislike doesn’t mean you’re fake. It means you’re mature enough to tolerate your dislike towards them.

 You lied to me, let me down, turned this smile into a frown. And now you’re the only reason why I find it hard to sleep at night. Feeling sad, feeling blue, I think of the past times spent with you. There’s nothing left to say, so I’ll just turn my head away.

Everyone has their weak spot. The one thing that, despite your best efforts, will always bring you to your knees, Regardless of how strong you are otherwise. For some people, it’s love.

Loving someone is giving them a chance to hurt you, but trusting them not to.

Leaving someone behind means you only want the best for them, even if it means swallowing the sad reality that the best just isn’t you.

Watching you walk out of my life does not make me cynical about love but rather makes me realise that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.

 You know the beautiful thing about love? It’s so powerful. Nothing else can make people do the things that love can make them do. It’s the only emotion that can make people fight, and give their all to something or someone. It’s the only thing that can make people hold on, when they otherwise would have given up. Love is strong, it’s powerful, and it’s rare. So when people find it, they marvel at the power of it. And they keep holding on because it’s the truest form of ecstasy. The world cannot survive without love. It’s the only thing that can get people to hold on anymore.